POSITION: Silviculture Forester
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, salaried
LOCATION: Western Nova Scotia – WestFor Management Inc. is based in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia and conducts forest management and operations across the western 9 counties of the province.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Jan 31, 2021
WestFor Management Inc. is seeking a Forest Professional to lead the development and execution of its Forest Management Strategy. This position will provide the opportunity to implement an innovative forest silviculture plan and lead a diverse and skilled team of forest professionals.
- Develop long-term silviculture and forest management plans.
- Develop 1-5-year silviculture plans including monitoring programs of previous treatments.
- Oversee field staff performing silviculture operations including summer students.
- Coordinate and communicate with non-governmental organizations and Department of Lands and forestry.
- Work with partners in the development and implementation of best management practices.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Forestry, Environmental Management, or Ecology.
- A strong background in ARC GIS and its suite of tools.
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Candidate must provide their own reliable and suitable transportation for use on highway and
logging road conditions. Fuel costs will be reimbursed as per WestFor Mileage policy.
- Experience an asset but not required
ADDITIONAL SKILLS CONSIDERED:
- Experience in forest ecology and wildlife management
- Experience developing and leading science-based research projects
- Submit a written application in the form of a cover letter and resume clearly stating how you meet the qualifications.
Please submit your application to: Jobs@WestFor.org by Jan. 31, 2021