Silviculture Summer Student
POSITION: Silviculture Summer Student 2021
JOB CATEGORY: Silviculture and Forest Health
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Jan 31, 2021
WestFor Management Inc. is looking for a summer student to support our team this summer of 2021. Under the supervision of senior staff, the candidate is expected to work independently on relative remote sites within Western Nova Scotia.
- Various Forest surveys and work quality assessments (regeneration, old growth, etc.)
- Cut block and/or road location layout
- Assist with supervision of harvesting and/or road building operations
- Various other duties
- Must be currently enrolled in Resource Management related schooling (i.e. Forest Technology, BScF, etc.).
- Able to work in variable weather conditions.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Candidate must have reliable transportation for use on highway and logging road conditions. Fuel costs will be reimbursed as per WestFor Mileage policy.
- Valid first aid certificate.
- Able to work independently with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Be able to work effectively with co-workers and third parties.
Hourly Wage: $18.00
Start Date: May 3, 2021
End Date: August 30, 2021
Number of hours per week per staff: 45 hours
Please send cover letter and resume to Jobs@WestFor.org by January 31st, 2021.