POSITION: General Manger
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, salaried
LOCATION: Western Nova Scotia – WestFor Management Inc. is based in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia and conducts forest management and operations across the western 9 counties of the province.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: March 21st, 2021
WestFor Management Inc. is seeking a General Manager to lead the execution of its business strategy. Reporting to the WestFor Board of Directors, this position will provide the opportunity to lead and continue to grow a progressive forest management business.
– Lead and professionally develop a team of 10+ natural resource and business professionals. – Lead and execute long term business strategy and public relations/community engagement initiatives. – Develop annual budgets and operations plans for WestFor forestry and business activities. – Coordinate and communicate with the Nova Scotia Department of Lands & Forestry and various non-government organizations.
– Hire and develop contractor workforce to fulfill the business requirements of WestFor’s forest management activities.
– Proven experience in a leadership role in a small to medium size business, demonstrating strong personal and professional judgement.
– A post-secondary degree in Business, Forestry, Environmental Management, or Ecology. – Ability to evaluate overall business efficiency by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics. – Strong problem solving, decision making, and time management skills.
– Ability to work with an active Board of Directors and multiple Provincial and Municipal Government stakeholders, exhibiting effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
– Human resources knowledge and experience in hiring, training and directing a professional team. – Minimum of 3 -5 years working in forest operations would be considered an asset.
– Valid class 5 driver’s license.
BENEFITS: A generous benefits and vehicle mileage policy are offered
– Please submit a written application in the form of a cover letter and resume clearly stating how you meet the position qualifications.
Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org