POSITION: Management Forester
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, salaried
LOCATION: Western Nova Scotia – WestFor Management Inc. is based in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia and conducts forest management and operations across the western 9 counties of the province.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: March 21st, 2021
WestFor Management Inc. is seeking a Management Forester to lead the development and execution of its Forest Management Strategy. This position will provide the opportunity to implement an innovative forest management plan and lead a diverse and skilled team of forest professionals.
– Develop long-term management plans
– Develop 1-5-year operating plans for harvesting, road construction and silviculture activities.
– Oversee 4-6 field and GIS staff performing silviculture and operations planning
– Coordinate and communicate with non-governmental organizations and Department of Lands and Forestry
– Foster partnerships with stakeholders in the development and implementation of best management practices
– Lead the implementation of third-party forest certification of approximately 500,000 ha of forest lands
– A post-secondary degree or diploma in Forestry, Environmental Management, or Ecology
– Experience in long term forest planning and modeling
– Minimum of 3 -5 years of experience in forest operations planning and management
– A strong background in ARC GIS and its suite of tools
– Ability to work independently with strong organizational and time management skills
– Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
– Valid class 5 driver’s license and vehicle available for off road use
Additional Skills considered:
– Experience in forest ecology and wildlife management
– Experience developing and leading science-based research projects
*Generous benefits and vehicle mileage policy are offered
– Submit a written application in the form of a cover letter and resume clearly stating how you meet the qualifications to email@example.com