- To explore the many future career opportunities available to young
The Atlantic Teachers’ Tour is developed with the following key concepts:
- Nature is dynamic: everything is connected and changing
- Sustainable forestry integrates social, economic and ecological needs.
- Foresters manage large landscapes over long time horizons.
- Forestry is capital intensive.
- Our highest technology is employed in the woods, mills and labs.
- There is complete utilization of the resource.
- We all use wood products.
- Wood is an energy-efficient renewable resource.
- Wood is an environmentally sound building material.
- Regulations protect water, air, soil, fish and wildlife.
- We can meet our material needs while protecting forest ecosystems
- There are varied career opportunities across the industry.
- We all need to make informed choices.
(Taken from https://teacherstour.com/en/about-us/. To learn more about the Atlantic Teachers’ Tour please feel welcome to visit the link.)